- General Information
- Fees and Expenses
- Student Success Stories
- Frequently Asked Questions
dafabet手机版 welcomes international students with a comprehensive curriculum that includes:
- University transfer courses
- Associate degrees and Associate Degree for Transfer
- Occupational training programs
- Personal or skill development opportunities
dafabet手机版 is located in the "Heart of the Silicon Valley." Set amid 143 acres of Saratoga's beautiful foothills, dafabet手机版 has been enriching the lives and careers of students from the Santa Clara Valley since 1964. Graduates from our more than 40 departments enjoy one of the highest successful transfer rates to four-year colleges and universities of any community college in the state. We also offer opportunities for vocational training or personal development in a vibrant atmosphere. dafabet手机版 is proud of its respected faculty, counselors, staff, student services personnel and our students typically find that the education at West Valley has prepared them well for the competitive demands of both higher education and the working world.
At dafabet手机版, students may choose to attend course work offered in the day or evening schedule of classes. The college calendar is based on the semester system, and a double summer session. dafabet手机版 confers Associate degrees (A.A. and A.S.), Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT), and general education certification for lower division university requirements. The college is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
HOŞGELDİNİZ ULUSLARARASI ÖĞRENCİLER
International Student Office
International Student Office Fax
Attn: International Student Office
14000 Fruitvale Avenue
Saratoga, California 95070-5698, U.S.A.
Admission documents issued one month following deadlines:
Out of Country Applicants
|Fall Semester||June 5|
|Spring Semester||November 1|
|Fall Semester||June 5|
|Spring Semester||December 2|
International Student Application Checklist
- $100 Application Fee (Please complete credit card authorization form and scan/upload to online application form)
- Signed International Financial Statement
- An original bank letter or scholarship letter from the financial sponsor (bank letter of scholarship letter must be less than 3 months old at time of application)
- Copy of your passport ID and expiration page
- Copy of all US Visas, I-94s. I-20s, DS-2019s, or other legal documents if you are currently in the US (Transfer or Change of Status Applicants)
- Official copies of transcripts from all high schools/colleges attended inside and outside of the US, with certified English translation (if necessary). Foreign transcripts may be uploaded to the online application. US transcripts must be sent directly from the US school to the International Student Office.
- Personal letter from you explaining what you want to study at dafabet手机版 and your educational goals.
- Proof of medical immunizations
- Proof of English Proficiency
International Student Application Forms
Note: This web page contains links to PDF documents that require the most current version of Adobe Reader to view. The Adobe Acrobat Reader may already be installed on your computer as a browser "plug-in" or standalone application. The Adobe Acrobat Reader can be downloaded for free at the Adobe Acrobat Reader download page.
Fees and Expenses
|Health Insurance Fee||$900 per semester|
|Other Student Fees||Approximately $105|
All fees and tuition are subject to change.
Consult the tuition refund schedule after dropping classes.
No financial aid is available for international students in the United States.
Full payment expected at time of registration. No partial payments allowed.
Housing and cost of living are estimated into your cost of education per DHS requirements. Each student is responsible for arranging their own housing. dafabet手机版 does not have any housing or dormitories for students.
The following provides a typical break down of expenses for one academic school year, which includes Fall and Spring semesters. Some of the amounts that are listed below are estimates. If a continuing student attends summer session or remains in the area during the summer break, additional money will be required. San Francisco Bay Area and Silicon Valley are high cost of living areas.
Estimated Expenses for One Academic School Year
|Enrollment Fees (based on 24 units per year)||$1,104|
|Tuition (based on 24 units per year)||$6,960|
|Enrollment Fees (based on 30 units per year)||$1,380|
|Tuition (based on 30 units per year)||$8,760|
|Total||$23,000 – $25,500|
Transcript Evaluation Guidelines
dafabet手机版 can accept foreign transcripts evaluated from any of the approved services listed on the NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) membership list. WVC reviews transcript reports on a case by case basis. Credit can be granted providing that reports are detailed enough so evaluators can determine the placement of courses for West Valley's academic programs.
It is recommended that students who HAVE NOT completed an evaluation prior to attending dafabet手机版 use either IERF (International Education Research Foundation) or ECE (Education Credential Evaluators - if planning to transfer to San Jose State University). When ordering an evaluation, students MUST request a detailed report (contact evaluation service for cost).
Students should note that acceptance of any foreign course work applies to dafabet手机版's academic programs ONLY. All four-year colleges conduct their own evaluation of foreign course work, and acceptance of this work is subject to the descretion of these institutions. Typically, four-year colleges require certified translations of transcripts for all university and college level course work completed outside of the United States. Students are encouraged to contact other colleges to find out more information.
Please be aware that dafabet手机版 does not use foreign course work to satisfy CSU GE or IGETC requirements (with the exception of language other than English for IGETC).
Student Success Stories
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Application Deadlines for International Students?
Admissions documents are issued one month following the application deadline. Please check with the International Student Office to see if there is a late filing period beyond the posted deadline dates
- Fall Semester: May 1
- Spring Semester: November 1
How do I know that I am an International student and need a special packet?
- Students or potential students, who need an admissions document to apply for F-1 visa status.
- Students on F-1 visas who wish to transfer to dafabet手机版 or potential students on visitor visa’s (B-1/B-2 or visa waiver) wanting to apply to F-1 visa status - please note that B-1/B-2 may NOT attend until change of status is approved from DHS.
- Potential students who are on H-4, E-2, L-2 or F-2 turning 21 years of age are required to change to F-1 visa to continue their schooling in the United States.
- Potential students applying from outside the United States who are not on H, E, or L visas.
Students who are here on resident alien “green cards” are not considered International Students for application purposes and should apply directly to the college, NOT the International Student Program.
- If you have a question about your residency or status, please call the International Student Counselor/PDSO or admissions,
- Terry Eppley, Program Specialist/PDSO at (408) 741-4028
- International Student Counselor at (408) 741-2694
How do I apply to dafabet手机版 as an International Student?
Obtain an International Student Application from dafabet手机版 by:
- Online: Application Forms
- Phone: (408) 741-2001
- Email: askwvcFREEWEST_VALLEY
- Mail: (Please include your name, street address, city, postal code and country of origin)
Attention: International Student Counselor/DSO
14000 Fruitvale Avenue
Saratoga, CA 95070-5698
What is required to apply as an International Student?
- International Student Application, includes dafabet手机版 application and $100 application fee. Please make check payable to dafabet手机版 – must be in U.S. Dollars.
- TOEFL minimum score of 61 ibt or STEP Eiken Pre-1 level or IELTS of 5.5. Waivers are available for students who have college level English completed or who qualify for English 1A.
- Financial Statement totaling $23,000+ for one academic school year.
- If in the United States when applying, you must be in legal “status” to apply or transfer, since dafabet手机版 does NOT accept reinstatement students.
- Transfer letter (if attending US school) with SEVIS release date sent to PDSO, Terry Eppley.
- Copy of passport front page
- Copies of I-94, I-20 and Visa page if currently attending school in the United States. DS-2019 required for J-1 visa applicants.
- Health statement including TB clearance (included in application includes immunization record).
- Application fee of $100 US Dollars and official transcripts from schools attended either in or outside the USA.
Who do I contact if I should have a question about the application?
- Terry Eppley, DSO/Program Specialist: (408) 741-4028 or terri.eppleyFREEWEST_VALLEY
- International Student Counselor: (408) 741-2694
Is there any other information that will help me with my application?
- TOEFL: Test of English as a Foreign Language; phone number: 1-800-GO-TOEFL (1-800-468-6335)
- ESL/English Placement and Assessment Tests at dafabet手机版 (408) 741-2035
- STEP Eiken
- IELTS: International English Language Testing System
Other Resources for International Students
- USCIS – United States Customs and Immigration Services (local office): 1450 Coleman Ave, Santa Clara, CA 95050 web site: www.uscis.gov
- English as a Second Language (ESL) - dafabet手机版 Chair – Sylvia Ortega (408) 741-2465, email: sylvia.ortegaFREEWEST_VALLEY
- Web resource for ESL Department at dafabet手机版
- Career Services at dafabet手机版 (check out different major requirements)
- IERF – Int’l Education Research Foun. – Foreign transcript evaluation towards Associates Degree. Phone: (310) 258-9451 Fax: (310) 342-7086 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ECE – San Jose State University foreign transcript evaluations for transfer advising. Phone: (414) 289-3400 Fax: (414) 289-3411 email: email@example.com
- Homestay: ISP - 国际学生的位置s – Phone: (650) 947-8879 fax: (650) 969-9857 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the current tuition and fees that International Student is required to pay?
The current tuition and fees as of Fall 2020 semester $290 per unit (12 units minimum required for all F-1 visa holders), not including the $46 enrollment – all fees and tuition are required to be paid by F-1 and students changing their status to F-1 from any other visa status. Basic registration fees include:
- Health Services fee: $42.00 per year
- Associated Student Body Card: $28.00 per year
- Campus Center fee: $30.00 per year
- Parking Permit: $50.00 per semester
How many units am I required to take as an International student?
12 units constitute full time "status" per Immigration requirements for undergraduate students in a Fall or Spring semester ONLY.
What if I want to take a class at West Valley but I hold an I-20 from another college
This is called “concurrent enrollment” and requires permission from your home school that issued your I-20. You need to fill out a dafabet手机版 application, in the Admissions office (or online) and bring a letter of permission from your International Student Advisor from your college to the Admissions office. You will be limited to take 6 semester units (or less) at dafabet手机版.
Your application does not need to be filed through the International Student Office, since this is only for students wishing to attend our college full time.
What do I do with a transcript from an International University?
Students planning to use transcripts towards a degree at dafabet手机版 from a foreign country's university or college will need to have that transcript evaluated by a service.This evaluation counts only towards a dafabet手机版 Associates Degree. If you plan to transfer, contact the transfer college or university to see what requirements are needed for foreign transcript evaluation. dafabet手机版 only accepts evaluation services from the NACES list (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services). The NACES website may be found at National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES)
What Campus Services are NOT available to students attending West Valley college on F-1 student visas?
They include the following programs:
- Financial Aid - Federal or State are only available to residents and citizens (limited scholarships are available to International Students once they attend dafabet手机版 starting their second semester of full time attendance).
- Work Study programs are only available to residents and citizens
- EOPS - limited to residents and citizens of the United States only
- TRiO - a federally funded program limited to residents and Citizens of the US only